Fine Form Physiotherapy has a strong interest in the prevention, management and treatment of work-related injuries. Our goal is to help patients return to work by managing work-related injuries in a way that minimises lost time and maximises productivity and by educating workers and managers on injury prevention.
Assessment of the worker is ideally carried out in conjunction with workplace assessment, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of the worker, their work and working environment. The information gained by our physiotherapists can be used to assist with issuing WorkCover certificates by establishing the demands of the job relative to the capabilities of the worker and ensuring the best possible match.
Our Physiotherapists use various techniques to help prevent workplace injury such as:
- Ergonomic assessment and recommendations for job/workplace modification.
- Advice on work practices which can include advice regarding work/rest cycles, stretches and exercises to be performed before and during work, job rotation and sequencing of tasks.
- Risk analysis based on the current Code of Practice.
- Manual handling training and advice.
- Education and training in areas such as working posture, stretching and flexibility exercises.
Benefits of physiotherapy
We have a strong physiotherapy interest in ergonomics and occupational health are able to combine their knowledge of musculoskeletal biomechanics, ergonomics and the injury process to assess the worker and the workplace. They can then identify risk factors which may contribute to or exacerbate a medical condition and develop appropriate, effective treatment.
Early and effective physiotherapy treatment can help to keep the employee at work and minimise the personal and financial cost of time off work. Keeping the employee at work in an appropriate job enhances recovery, reduces the likelihood of disability following injury and maintains morale and productivity.