10 great (fast and slow) snack ideas for sport refueling
1. Banana peanut butter “ants on a trail” – quick fuel
Slice a banana length ways spread with peanut butter and top with sultanas, close the halves of the banana back up. Like a banana sandwich!
2. Pretzels and hummus –slow fuel
Salty to replace lost salt, carbs to replenish energy and the protein form the hummus will give you a protein kick.
3. Nuts and dried fruit – quick fuel
Easy, peezy. Carbs, good fats and protein all in one.
4. Greek yoghurt topped with granola – slow fuel
The protein from the yoghurt will assist in recovery and the carbs in the granola will provide energy.
5. Peanut butter sandwich – slow fuel
This favourite can provide carbs from the bread, fat and protein from the peanut butter
6. Protein bliss balls – quick fuel
Make your own or buy them, these popular bite sized energy giving balls are all the craze. They will provide carbs, fat and protein.
7. Chocolate milk – quick fuel
Simple, yet tasty. Chocolate milk will provide protein, carbs and an added nutrient boost from all that dairy goodness.
8. Tuna sandwich – slow fuel
Protein and carbs and very filling if you aren’t going to get back up anytime soon and feel heavy and bloated.
9. White bread with jam/honey – quick fuel
A quick and easy fix. Carbs and… Carbs to replenish glycogen (muscle fuel).
10. Jerky and fruit – slow fuel
Salt from the jerky to replace that lost in sweat, protein for recovery and fruit for the carbs needed for energy.